The Channahon Park District is accepting resident reservations for picnic pavilions at Central and Community Parks beginning Saturday, January 11, 2020 for a $40 fee ($50 for Maple and Linden Pavilions). Payment is required when the reservation is made. Reservations on that day will be accepted from 7:30am-12:00pm on a WALK-IN ONLY BASIS at the Heritage Crossing Field House with a photo ID and current utility bill. Only one pavilion may be reserved on the first day. After 12:00pm on January 11, reservations will be accepted in person or by phone.
Nonresident reservations will begin at 8:30am Monday, January 27, 2020 for a $100 fee ($125 for Maple and Linden Pavilions). Payment is required when the reservation is made.
ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED AT THE PAVILIONS, BUT ONLY WITH A PERMIT. Depending on the size of the group and activities planned, extra fees and certificates of liability insurance may be required.
*To receive a refund ($5.00 processing fee for check and credit card refunds) cancellations must be made 10 days prior to the event and a refund request form must be filled out.
For specific information on pavilion locations, permits and other amenities contact Ellen at 815-521-3005.
PAVILIONS ARE LOCATED AT:
COMMUNITY PARK: on McClintock Rd., 1 mile east of I-55
Walnut (22’x24’) with electric
Lions (22’x24’) with electric
Pavilions not adjacent to parking areas may not have vehicles driven to them for any purpose. Your group should plan to carry in and out all food, supplies, etc.
CENTRAL PARK: at 24856 W. Eames St. (Rt. 6)
Spruce (22’x24’) with electric
Linden (24’x36’) with electric
Other guidelines to help us serve all park users fairly:
- Live or amplified music is not allowed
- Only the Spruce pavilion can accommodate a rented tent or an inflatable device. Liability insurance is required for these amenities.
- Pets must be leashed at all times, and you are required to clean up after them.
- Glass containers, due to the possibility of breakage and subsequent injury, are not allowed.
- Please place all trash in appropriate receptacles at the conclusion of your day. Recycling containers for aluminum are provided for your convenience.
- We discourage the use of piñatas and water balloons, because of the difficult cleanup.
Both parks have ball fields, tennis, basketball and volleyball courts, horseshoe pits and additional picnic tables and grills. These facilities are open to all park visitors and only the ball fields can be reserved. For specific information, pavilion locations, permits and other amenities, contact the Channahon Park District at 815-521-3005.
To receive a refund (minus a $5.00 processing fee for check and credit card payments) cancellation must be made at least 10 days prior to your event along with a refund request form.