Tomahawk Aquatic Center
24868 W Eames Street, Channahon
2019 Pool Passes on Sale Now!
Interested in lifeguarding for the 2019 season? Click here to fill out an application.
There is something for everyone from water bugs to land lubbers at TAC:
- A zero depth pool gradually sloping to a depth of 3 ½ feet.
- Lap lanes measuring 4 ½ to 5 feet deep, 25 yards long, with 6 lanes
- Water Play features in the zero depth area and in a separate spray pool for tots.
- Deck area with chaise chairs and a grass sunning hill.
- Sand volleyball court and an exciting sand play area for children.
- A water slide that is 21 feet high and 150 feet long
- Fully equipped bathhouse
- Concession stand and dining area
Sign up at www.RainedOut.com to receive a text or email alert if Tomahawk Aquatic Center’s operating status is being affected by the weather.
Hours & Daily Admission Fees
|Adult Lap Swim||8:30-9:15 AM||TU, TH||$1/$2|
|Day Time Public Swim**||12-5 PM||SU-SA||$6/$9|
|Evening Public Swim*||6:30-8:30 PM||M-TH||$4/$6|
*Evening Public Swim begins June 10, Adult Lap Swim begins June 11
**Day Time Public Swim begins June 1, closed June 3-7, reopens for the season June 8
*The Tomahawk Aquatic Center will have the following late summer schedule adjustments:
No Evening or Adult Lap Swim July 4
Evening Swim Sessions will end August 6
Weekday Day Time Public Swim will end August 9
Weekend Day Time Public Swim will be available August 10-Labor Day
Before you visit, please note
- Everyone in the swimming pool must wear a swimsuit. No street clothes, including leotards, colored t-shirts or cut-offs.
- To keep our water safe: All children who are not toilet trained shall wear tightly fitting plastic pants over an approved water diaper. Diapers are available for purchase at the pool for $1, plastic pants are $2.
- A concession stand is available during day time public swim and special events for your convenience. No outside food or beverages are allowed to be brought into the facility. If you bring food you are welcome to picnic in Central Park adjacent to the Aquatic Center.
- Young non-swimmers must be supervised by an adult that is within an arms length at all times.
- Adult supervision is required for everyone at the facility under the age of 12. Proof of age must be shown for youth attending without an adult. A special ID card may be obtained at Arrowhead Community Center.
- Only floatation aids such as life jackets/puddle jumpers with a visible US Coast Guard Certified stamp are allowed in the facility.
- Life jackets/puddle jumpers are not allowed on the slides.
- Floatation toys such as rafts or tubes will be allowed at evening swim sessions only.
- Swim muscles are not allowed.
Look for a complete set of rules posted at Tomahawk Aquatic Center
Season Pass Information
Season Passes on Sale Now!
Season passes are available for renewal or purchase at Arrowhead Community Center. Photo Identification cards will be issued for all season pass holders. All pass holders must have a photo identification card to be admitted at Tomahawk Aquatic Center at each visit. Family members are defined as up to 2 adults and their depend minors age 20 or younger.
Proof of Residency is required at the time of purchase or renewal. Required proof of residency includes:
- Adults over age 21: recent utility bill with either a state issued ID or driver’s license, property tax bill, or copy of current lease.
- Children age 3-20: current year school ID or report card, birth certificate, state issued ID
Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable
Purchasing a season pass late? Receipts from your entrance fees paid to Tomahawk Aquatic Center can be collected through June 10 and applied towards your Season Pass.
To renew or purchase a season pass, you must show current utility bill as proof of residency. “Family members” are identified as spouse or dependents residing in the same household. Proof of residency and relationship will be required at time of purchase.
Season Pass Rates – Rates increase May 1!
|Family of 2||$95||$129|
|Family of 3||$109||$175|
|Family of 4||$125||$195|
|Senior Family of 2||$59||$95|
|2nd Care Receiver||$60|
|3rd Care Receiver||$40|
Season Pass Benefit Cards
All resident season pass holders will receive one Benefit Card per family. Benefit Cards include five FREE guest admissions and five free snowcones. A season pass holder must be present to use the Benefit Card. Benefit Cards are nontransferable. Lost or stolen cards will not be replaced.
Caregiver – Non-resident adult, babysitting resident children
Care receiver – Non-resident child receiving babysitting services by a resident pass holder.
- Passes are valid only if the caregiver or care receiver is accompanied by the children receiving the care or the adult providing the care. They are not valid for additional family members.
- The caregiver/receiver passes must be purchased by the resident family providing or receiving the care. The family membership number will be on the pass.
- Caregiver/receiver passes are valid only at the Tomahawk Aquatic Center
- Caregivers that are residents of the Channahon Park District are eligible for season passes at the resident rates and do not need a special rate.
- Caregiver passes are non transferable
Check out our concession stand with expanded seating and yummy snacks for your dining pleasure. The concession stand is open daily from 12-5 PM and at special events.
Pool Closing Policies
Inclement Weather – When the weather falls below 70 degrees or when storms threaten safety.
Swimming is prohibited when lightening is present; including a 30-minute period after the last lightning is sighted. If the pool is closed due to rain and the weather clears by 2:30pm, we will attempt to re-open the pool by 3:00pm. Other wise the pool will remain closed until the next open swim time. Swim Lessons will still be held.
Low Attendance – When there is less than 40 people at the pool the pool will remain open but the slide will close. When there is less than 20 people at the pool by 2:00pm the facility will close.
For Adult Lap Swim – swimmers must be present by 8:45 pm or the facility will close.
Safety Hazards – When a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health of those in attendance.
The pool manager has the authority to make the decision to close the pool for any of the above reasons. Please register at www.RainedOut.com to received schedule updates.
Rain checks will be issued to those participants paying daily admission into the Tomahawk Aquatic Center and who are rained out within the first hour of their visit. These rain checks will only be issued from the Tomahawk Aquatic Center and only on the day of the closing.
The Tomahawk Aquatic Center is open to groups and day camps during public swim hours, 12:30-5:00 pm and 6:30-8:30 pm. Please call ahead to reserve your date (815-467-8015).
Day Camp Rate: $4.00 per person
In-District Group Rate:
$5.00 Daily 12:30-5:00 PM
$3.00 Evenings 6:30-8:30 PM
Out of District Group Rate:
$8.00 Daily 12:30-5:00 PM
$5.00 Evenings 6:30-8:30 PM
Summer Events at Tomahawk Aquatic Center
This summer we’ll be mixing it up! Watch for postings on special game nights, crazy competitions and wristband specials that could get you free admission to other Channahon Park District facilities.
Floating Obstacle Course Nights
June 14 & July 26
Flick & Float
$1 Admission Swim
July 17 (6:30-8:30 pm)
July 31 (6:30-8:30 pm)