There is something for everyone from water bugs to land lubbers at Tomahawk Aquatic Center:
- A zero depth pool gradually sloping to a depth of 3 ½ feet.
- Lap lanes measuring 4 ½ to 5 feet deep, 25 yards long, with 6 lanes
- Water Play features in the zero depth area and in a separate spray pool for tots.
- Deck area with chaise chairs and a grass sunning hill.
- Sand volleyball court and an exciting sand play area for children.
- A water slide that is 21 feet high and 150 feet long
- Fully equipped bathhouse
- Concession stand and dining area
Season Passes On Sale Now!
Season Passes are available for purchase at Arrowhead Community Center or Heritage Crossing Field House. Photo identification cards will be issued for all season pass holders. All pass holders must have their photo identification card to be admitted to Tomahawk Aquatic Center at each visit. Family members are defined as up to 2 adults and their dependent minors age 20 or younger that reside in the same household.
Proof of residency is required at the time of purchase for adults on all aquatic center passes. Proof of relationship may be requested for children.
Proof of residency includes:
Adults over age 21: recent utility bill with either a state issued ID or driver’s license, property tax bill, or copy of current lease.
Children age 3-20: current year school ID or report card, birth certificate, state issued ID
Passes are non-refundable and non-transferable
Season Pass Rates
|Each Additional Family Member||$35||$35|
|2nd Care Giver/Receiver*||$80|
*Care Giver/Receiver passes must be purchased in conjunction with a resident family pass
Caregiver – Non-resident adult, babysitting resident children
Care receiver – Non-resident child receiving babysitting services by a resident pass holder.
- Passes are valid only if the caregiver or care receiver is accompanied by the children receiving the care or the adult providing the care. They are not valid for additional family members.
- The caregiver/receiver passes must be purchased by the resident family providing or receiving the care. The family membership number will be on the pass.
- Caregiver/receiver passes are valid only at the Tomahawk Aquatic Center
- Caregivers that are residents of the Channahon Park District are eligible for season passes at the resident rates and do not need a special rate.
- Caregiver passes are non transferable
Hours & Daily Admission Fees
|Swim Session||Hours||Days||Admission (nonresidents)/ Resident Discount|
|Day Time Public Swim||12-5 PM||7 Days a Week
|Evening Public Swim||6:30-8:30 PM||M-TH||$7/$5|
Before you visit, please note
- Everyone in the swimming pool must wear a swimsuit. No street clothes, including leotards, colored t-shirts or cut-offs.
- To keep our water safe: All children who are not toilet trained shall wear tightly fitting plastic pants over an approved water diaper. Diapers are available for purchase at the pool for $1, plastic pants are $2.
- A concession stand is available during day time public swim and special events for your convenience. No outside food or beverages are allowed to be brought into the facility. If you bring food you are welcome to picnic in Central Park adjacent to the Aquatic Center.
- Young non-swimmers must be supervised by an adult that is within an arms length at all times.
- Adult supervision is required for everyone at the facility under the age of 12. Proof of age must be shown for youth attending without an adult. A special ID card may be obtained at Arrowhead Community Center.
- Only floatation aids such as life jackets/puddle jumpers with a visible US Coast Guard Certified stamp are allowed in the facility.
- Life jackets/puddle jumpers are not allowed on the slides.
- Floatation toys such as rafts or tubes will be allowed at evening swim sessions only.
- Swim muscles are not allowed.
- Everyone entering facility will be charged admission.
Look for a complete set of rules posted at Tomahawk Aquatic Center
We will have assorted snacks available for purchase at Day Time Public Swims 12-5pm daily.
Pool Closing Policies
Inclement Weather – When the weather falls below 70 degrees or when storms threaten safety.
Swimming is prohibited when lightning is present; including a 30-minute period after the last lightening is sighted. If the pool is closed due to rain and the weather clears by 2:30pm, we will attempt to re-open the pool by 3:00pm. Other wise the pool will remain closed until the next open swim time. Swim Lessons will still be held.
Low Attendance – When there is less than 40 people at the pool the pool will remain open but the slide will close. When there is less than 20 people at the pool by 2:00pm the facility will close.
Safety Hazards – When a situation arises that would jeopardize the public health of those in attendance.
The pool manager has the authority to make the decision to close the pool for any of the above reasons.
Rain checks will be issued to those participants paying daily admission into the Tomahawk Aquatic Center and who are rained out within the first hour of their visit. These rain checks will only be issued from the Tomahawk Aquatic Center and only on the day of the closing.